Ramadan Mubarak to all my readers.
Well, There are so many useful tips for staying gorgeous and healthy in the Holy month of Ramadan. And today I am going to share some of them. During this month, our diet should be as simple as possible. The diet should be such that we maintain our normal weight, neither losing nor gaining. However, if one is over-weight, Ramadan is an ideal time to normalise one's weight.
Consumption Of Food
We should consume slow digesting foods such as grains and seeds like barley, wheat, oats, millet, semolina, beans, lentils, wholemeal flour, brown rice, etc and Fibre-containing foods such as vegetables like green beans, peas, spinach, and other herbs like methie, the leaves of beetroot (iron-rich), fruit with skin and avoid Fast- burning foods such as sugar, white flour, etc.
The foods eaten should be well balanced, containing foods from each food group
1. Make sure you don't miss Sehri. It is Sunnah also.
2. Remember not to eat too much at Sehri. Make sure that you eat in moderation. The Prophet Muhammad (S) instructed us to compartmentalize our stomach into three equal parts. You should eat as much as that which will be enough for the first part. Then you should drink as much as that which will be enough for the second part. The third part should be left empty. Make sure that you do not eat oily or acidic food. Watery and/or green food would be a much better option.
3. Don't eat too much at Aftar. Note that it is highly recommended act to opern the fast with a date. If no dates are available, the recommendation goes to opening it with water.
4. Eat your dinner just before Isha. When you eat dinner keep in mind the compartmentalization technique narrated from the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)
As much water or fruit juices as possible between iftar and bedtime so that your body may adjust fluid levels in time. Drink 2-4 cups of green tea including lemon and honey in it or as desired. Drinking lots of fluid makes you healthy and gorgeous.
Well, Hope this helps.
Follow these tips shared above to stay gorgeous and healthy in the Holy month of Ramadan.
More Tips for controlling weight...
* Soak 11 Chickpeas (white or black) (and I prefer black ones) overnight and eat them in the morning on an empty stomach. This will promote weight loss and keep your energy level high.
* Drink lemon/honey water in the morning. Take warm water and 1 tbsp lemon/honey, mix well and drink on an empty stomach.
*Dilute 1 tsp or tbsp apple cider vinegar in half cup of boiled/filtered water. and drink 5 mins before every meal.
Hmm well, That's enough for today!!
Until next time,
Ramadan Mubarak to all of you out there!!
This month only comes once a year so make the most of it!! Be calm and be thankful to Allah who gave this beautiful holy month and all that fasting and feasting fun!!